- Tread water and participate from September to December in the effort. Additionally on October 14, teams and organizations will participate in a special water tread for 8 minutes and 46 seconds, in remembrance of George Floyd, and raise at least $8,460.
- Raise funds to support teams and organizations such as Diversity In Aquatics, which works with local grassroots organizations to bring culturally competent, historically accurate, and linguistically diverse programming, staffing, and training to black, indigenous, and people of color communities that have been historically impacted from receiving equal resources, funding, and opportunities in aquatics.
- Connect with community groups focused on implementing effective learning programs on racial equity and work to bring an end to systemic racism in our public facilities, our communities, and in classrooms across the country.
- Educate yourself on the history, issues, barriers, and challenges of those who work outside the aquatic industry for social justice and community development.
- Post through social media why you and your team are participating in this event.
- Encourage and challenge other teams and those in your network to join.
- Sign the petition for state governors to reopen public pools and pool services for purpose-driven aquatics that are critical to a community's public health, safety, and welfare. Without access to community pools, families and individuals look to get in the water at pools, lakes, and beaches that have little or no lifeguard or parental supervision, creating increased risk and challenges that greatly affect BIPOC communities.
No schedule provided