Kate Connell is a Certified Park and Recreation Professional and a passionate advocate for equity in aquatics and recreation. She has a track record of implementing inclusive programs, policies, and personnel practices in her prior role as a municipal program supervisor in Iowa City, where she was a graduate of the University of Iowa. Through her work at Equitable Aquatics, Kate has become a sought-after national speaker on diversity and leadership and has presented educational sessions at dozens of national and state-level association conferences.
Kate Connell bridges her experience as a leader in the aquatic industry with her role as Customer Relationship Manager to support HydroApps customers. She believes that leveraging tools and techniques to streamline operations and risk management frees up aquatic professionals to focus on their workplace passions and further their impact.
Kate is a born New Englander turned Midwestern transplant, a former yoga studio owner, and loves to spend her spare time with her family traveling in their Airstream and spending time at Lake Michigan.
- 1. Association of Aquatic Professionals (AOAP) Aquatic Professional of the Month
- 2. National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) Young Professional Fellowship
- 3. Aquatics International (AI) Best of Aquatics - Targeted Programming
- Iowa Parks & Recreation Association Aquatics Chair
- Association of Aquatic Professionals Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- National Recreation and Park Association "30 under 30" Selection Committee and Aquatic Network Co-Chair