Renovation for the 1969 functionally obsolete swimming pool included significant modifications to the structure as well as a completely new recirculation system. The existing six lane pool was deepened and enlarged to a new eight lane 25-yard competition pool with stair entry and gallery seating.
Major renovations include:
- Increased pool depth by raising the water level and creating a faster and more user-friendly perimeter overflow system
- Enlarged the pool from six to eight lanes
- Increased the pool depth below diving board bringing it up to current code standards
- Addition of stair alcove to meet ADA requirements
- Addition of completely new chemical and filtration systems, including regenerative media filtration and ultra-violet treatment
- Unique structural challenges included tying in existing concrete walls and slabs to new structures
- Utilized below deck mechanical space to accommodate larger recirculation and filtration systems
- The high school also underwent renovations to expand the fine arts wing and lunch room, and added an auxiliary gym.