In September 2005, the City of La Mirada commissioned Counsilman-Hunsaker to develop cutting-edge aquatic options and to provide research that would assist the city in making decisions on how best to proceed with the design and construction of an outdoor aquatic center. The study's objective was to identify and evaluate current aquatic programming and facilities, both locally and nationally, and establish a needs analysis for new aquatic space and programming that would best meet the community's aquatic needs.
- “Dream Designs.” Aquatics International June 2009.
- “LaMirada’s Newest Treasure Unveiled.” World Watepark Oct/Nov 2008.
- “Big Splash.” Aquatics International March 2008.
- “Cool by the Pool.” Parks and Recreation November 2008.
- “A Buccaneer’s Brew.” Water Shapes May 2008.