The City of Manistee and Manistee Area Public Schools entered into an Interlocal Services Agreement for the operation and maintenance of the new community swimming pool. Counsilman-Hunsaker and Integrated Architecture designed the natatorium with an eight lane 25-yard competition pool, which can also accommodate water polo. Pool gutters are constructed of concrete and tile in a deck level configuration for easy ingress/egress. The facility also includes a shallow warm water pool with a large entry stair and a depth range from 3 ft. to 6 ft. An ADA transfer system, a resistance/current device, and a hydrotherapy bench were also included.
Moreover, the Paine Aquatic Center received Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) certification by the U.S. Green Building Council.
- 4,600 sq. ft. 25-yard indoor competition pool
- Two 1-meter springboards
- Deck mounted water polo goals
- Water basketball and water volleyball
- Spectator seating for 200
- 1,000 sq. ft. warm water indoor pool
- Underwater bench seating
- Transfer system
- Regenerative media filtration system