The City of Murfreesboro considered its aquatic options for the next 25 years at the SportsCom Recreation and Aquatics Center.
In 2004, Counsilman-Hunsaker conducted a Facility Audit which evaluated three bodies of water and their respective mechanical systems.
Pleased with the results from the audit, the project went into design in 2009 and was completed in the summer of 2010. The facility includes new mechanical and chemical treatment systems for the indoor 25-yard lap pool, the replacement of the old tot pool with a 600 sq. ft. water sprayground with a variety of flush mounted sprays, and turned the existing outdoor 50-meter pool into a 14,000 sq. ft. recreation pool.
Recreation pool features include:
- Eight 25-yard lap lanes
- Three 50-meter lap lanes
- Two modular 2-meter wide by 4-meter high climbing walls that can be combined into one large 4-meter by 4-meter climbing wall
- 3/4-meter diving
- Two body slides from a 30 ft. slide tower
- One drop slide from a 10 ft. tower
- Crossing activity / floatable walk
- Water volleyball and basketball
- Flush mounted and vertical above ground spray features
- Zero-depth entry with interactive play structure, tipping bucket, and flush-mounted bubblers