As one of the most prestigious universities in the nation, Stanford University is not only recognized for academic excellence but also outstanding programs in athletics and aquatics. Since 1920, Stanford University has collected countless national awards and trophies, turning out some of history's finest Olympic aquatic athletes, winning numerous gold medals.
Counsilman-Hunsaker was retained for aquatic expertise by Stanford University to plan and design a world-class venue for the school's highly-acclaimed aquatic program.
The high-tech innovative facility consists of four separate pools:
- 8,205 sq. ft. stretch 25-meter competition pool with diving boards and bulkhead
- 13,820 sq. ft.50-meter by 25-meter by 3-meter training pool with bulkhead
- 4,596 sq. ft. diving pool with a three-centerline tower and four springboards
- 50-meter recreational pool (existing pool)
- Two whirlpool spas (72 sq. ft. and 130.5 sq. ft.)