In 2004, the National Trail Parks and Recreation District, (NTPRD), retained Counsilman-Hunsaker to perform a Feasibility Study, which included developing aquatic recreation options and providing cost and operational analysis on how best to proceed with the design and construction of a new outdoor aquatic center.
The study included gathering data, research, demographic analysis, extensive discussions and interviews with the planning committee, site visits, community tour, and visits to other area aquatic providers.
In 2005, the NTPRD chose to proceed with an aquatics design that includes:
- 13,300 sq. ft. heated leisure pool
- ADA-accessible zero-beach entry
- 25-yard competition pool with six lap lanes
- Two 1-meter diving boards
- Interactive water features such as rain drops, shower tunnel, and lemon drops
- Lazy river
- Toddler pool
- Bath house
- Snack bar
The new park opened Memorial Day, 2007.