The new cutting-edge 250,000 sq. ft. Campus Recreation Center at the University of Cincinnati is a magnificent and uniquely shaped building consisting of five separate entities: athletic core, six electronic classrooms, student housing, restaurants and dining, and stadium grandstands.
This world-class swimming pool, designed by Counsilman-Hunsaker in association with KZF, Inc., includes:
- 12,641 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- 50-meter pool with eight lap lanes
- Moveable bulkhead
- Springboard diving
- 3,388 sq. ft. Leisure Pool
- Lazy river
- Water wall
- Over-sized whirlpool spa
- Bubble couch
- 215 sq. ft. whirlpool spa
The project has achieved the U.S. Green Building Council's Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) silver rating for energy efficient design.
Design Awards Publications:
- 2007 - 'Innovative Architecture' Award Recreation Management magazine
- 2006 - Featured on the cover - Architectural Record magazine