As a part of the university’s strategic goals and capital planning, in 2013 the university retained Counsilman-Hunsaker to perform an Operations Assessment on their existing aquatic system. The goal of the study was to evaluate the functionality, operational utilization, financial and strategic elements of the aquatic program and aquatic facilities, and benchmark against best practices. The outcomes were utilized to develop strategies for short, mid and long-term operational plans tied to the university’s Tier One Mission.
Counsilman-Hunsaker, in association with PBK, was retained to complete the renovations to both the indoor and outdoor pools. Renovations consisted of the following:
- Replacement of the gutter, finishes, bulkheads, underwater lights, and main drain covers on the 50-meter competition pool.
- Replacement of the compressed air sparger system below the diving boards and platforms.
- Replacement of the timing system and video scoreboards.
- Repair leaks in the competition pool underground piping.
- Replacement of the main drain covers and underwater lights, and addition of ADA accessible lift to the indoor spa.
- Replacement of the gutter grating, underwater lights, and main drain covers on the leisure pool.
- Replacement of the main drain covers and underwater lights on the outdoor spa.
- Full renovation of the swimming pool mechanical room including filtration systems, pumps, motors, piping, chemical feed systems, etc