The team of Counsilman-Hunsaker and Hastings & Chivetta Architects was commissioned to design a cutting-edge, world-class aquatic complex for the University of Missouri-Columbia. The design intent was to encourage maximum participation in a welcoming environment and gathering place for students to socialize.
The award-winning, resort-like aquatic venue has met and exceeded students' expectations.
- Innovative indoor ADA-accessible leisure pool
- Current channel
- Haystack, small inlet allowing swimmers to surround themselves around hydrotherapy jets
- Open swim area
- High-tech underwater sound system with drop-down screens for viewing movies or Mizzou sporting events
- Oversized whirlpool spa
- Outdoor leisure pool with ramp entry and bench seating
- Olympic-sized 50-meter by 25-yard pool with warm-water whirlpool spa
- Two moveable bulkheads and moveable floor
- Separate diving well with 10-meter diving tower and four springboards
This facility, the largest recreation center ever built in the history of Missouri's higher education, has been recognized in several industry publications and won multiple design awards.