Informing sound decisions through revenue and expense plans to support your programming, management, and staffing.
Regarding our Study services during COVID-19: Knowing what to expect from your revenue and expenses while your aquatic facility is closed starts with a Counsilman-Hunsaker feasibility study. We can help identify what you can expect with considerations such as facility type, demographics, income levels, and facility location, and appraise the self-sustainability of new and existing facilities. If you have concerns about the impact that a temporary or long-term closure may have on your facility's future success, contact us today. Learn more about our COVID-19 response
Can you forecast success? Utilizing diligent research and evaluation methods, our team of operational specialists can uncover the strengths and weaknesses of your project and identify the resources required to carry your aquatic facility to success, both now and in the future. A feasibility study/business plan provides due diligence on the "think-it-through" side, revealing information you will need to make sound decisions going forward. Get our e-Book
Aquatic Planning to Help You Make the Important Decisions
Our study process employs our exclusive Counsilman-Hunsaker Aquatic Research Tool™ (CHART) which includes 62 development factors for construction of indoor and outdoor aquatic facilities and over 200 data points to create your customized revenue and expense model. Utilizing CHART, we evaluate Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) that affect your facility and provide an accurate projection of revenue and expenses. In turn, we develop a model for how to achieve your aquatic facility cost recovery goals.
With both aging pools and new aquatic facility builds underway across the U.S. and the world, communities are often faced with limited choices and a challenge: Keeping up with and meeting local expectations. Through processes that often involve the whole community, we provide industry data and our expertise so you'll have the best and most current information and recommendations to move forward. Our Study services also include master plans and operational audits for organizations of all sizes.
Study services designed to meet the needs of the population and provide a complete, working strategy for a new aquatic center:
- Feasibility Studies that are comprehensive, extensive, and involve the entire community to tailor the vision, creation, and sustainability of a new aquatic center directly to your needs.
- Expansion Studies to evaluate the additional revenue and operational expenses for adding new pools or features to your existing pool and any impacts on other facilities and facility operations.
- Proformas that calculate the financial results you can anticipate in regards to your revenue and expenses for single site facilities or additional facility options and the financial commitment to facility operations
Master Plans designed to expertly plan the future of aquatics for decades to come:
- City-wide Aquatic Master Plans provide a full scope for your city or county for site implantation and phasing of the aquatics master plan.
- Park Master Plans provide the aquatic-specific scope of your city of county's Parks and Recreation master plan along with probable construction costs.
Operational Audits designed to ensure your facility is around for generations to enjoy:
- Financial Analyses to review your existing revenue and expenses and recommend what type of programs your aquatic facility can best support based on the user groups using the facility.
- Program Analyses to review your existing programs, services, and fees to determine what you can expect from your budget and to recommend revenue-enhancing amenities.
- Expense Analyses to project your expense budget, return on investment for using green technology, and cost management requirements to help you discover how much money you could be saving with minor adjustments to your budget.
With Counsilman-Hunsaker's practical, innovative, and expert knowledge at your side, you and your community will find yourselves prepared with the facts, figures, and insights you need to make an educated decision.