Enhancing the safety and sustainability of our client's facilities through comprehensive support for aquatic operations.
Regarding our Operations services during COVID-19: While you may be experiencing a temporary pool closure, now might be a good time to take a hard look at your operations and maintenance plans. Whatever your goals for your facility's operations and risk management, our operations experts can help you achieve them and optimize both your daily operations and your guests' experience. We are more than happy to help provide a third-party perspective to ensure that your facility's safety and sustainability remains at the forefront of your operations. Learn more about our COVID-19 response
How can we help? Counsilman-Hunsaker's operations team is comprised of highly-trained aquatic safety professionals and subject matter experts with decades of experience. Our team members hold the highest-level health and safety certifications and utilize the industry’s leading aquatic safety resources. Professional operations and thorough business planning are both critical components of your aquatic facility’s success. Through the Counsilman-Hunsaker Aquatic Management Program, our in-house aquatic center operators will ensure your facility is operating as efficiently as possible and with the industry’s leading safety standards. Get our e-Book
The Counsilman-Hunsaker Aquatic Management Program™ (CHAMP)
Innovative operations and risk management consulting that solves problems.
Opening a new aquatic facility is different from maintaining an existing program, even for veteran operators. Our team members have backgrounds working in all types of aquatic facilities, with extensive knowledge and expertise in operations and risk management, and will put together a plan of action that is unique as your facility. Our CHAMP services include safety services, sustainability services, and operations consulting for organizations of all sizes.
Sustainability Services designed to ensure your facility remains sustainable for future generations to enjoy:
- Facility-specific business plans provide your organization with unique expense and revenue information regarding management, staffing, and attendance.
- Marketing plans offer an effective marketing and communications plan for your organization's brand, including media suggestions, advertisement avenues to pursue, and recommendations for executing your marketing plan.
- Pre-opening timelines provide your organization with a well-rounded pre-planning schedule as well as budget creation around that schedule.
- FFE (Furniture, Fixtures, and Equipment) Gap Analysis with specific equipment recommendations along with exclusive discounts on your purchases through our industry supplier network, available only with Counsilman-Hunsaker.
Safety Services designed to ensure your operations and risk management are optimized and meet the latest industry standards:
- Standard Operating Procedures manuals provide the comprehensive policies, procedures, and forms your need to run your operations as efficiently as possible. We write and customize these based on your facility and local, national, and industry best-in-practice standards.
- Custom maintenance manuals and training include daily processes required to maintain healthy water quality, safety, chemical handling, and implement preventative maintenance procedures. Our MAHC-compliant and facility-specific maintenance manuals ensure your facility's mechanics runs seamlessly.
- Onsite training, including lifeguard orientation, staff training, and training related to customer service, rule enforcement, emergency medical procedures, and operations. Our Instructors and Instructor Trainers provide a full scope of courses, including Certified Pool-Spa Operator training and American Red Cross Lifeguard, Lifeguard Instructor, and Water Safety Instructor certification courses.
- Site-specific training and staff orientation services on your facility specifics, customer service, and safety procedures. Pre-opening and mid-season training is available.
- Professional job placement services, including job descriptions, recruitment, and interviews, for aquatic managers and directors.
- Lifeguard performance evaluations, utilizing the protocols and methodologies of the American Red Cross Aquatic Examiner Service and Lifeguarding program coupled with our extensive experience as operators and examiners, to deliver a comprehensive suite of audit services for your staff.
Operations Consulting designed to ensure that nothing falls through the cracks:
- Litigation support, including on-site visits for accident investigation and documentation in the event of a catastrophic incident, is available through our team of subject matter experts who may also serve as expert witnesses, if needed.
- Full-time management of your aquatic facility and staff in conjunction with our partner management firms.
- Additional risk assessments are available with focus areas for analyzing your air quality, compliance with the Model Aquatic Health Code, and evaluating your safety programs to provide recommendations for improvement based on industry standards and best-in-practice operations.