Located in Maryland Heights, a suburb in St. Louis, Missouri, Aquaport is an incredible destination for summer fun. Constructed in 1998, the aquatic center hasn’t had a significant renovation or changes since adding the Extreme Bowl slide in 2006. In 2019, the aging complex underwent a $5.7 million major overhaul and renovation but did not complete it until 2021 due to delays related to COVID-19.
The overall renovation included project highlights which make the new Aquaport aquatic center such an incredible destination, such as:
- The Lazy River and Family Pool were separated and placed on new systems.
- New water filtration and chemical systems for the entire facility were added which reduced operational costs and improved water quality.
- Family restrooms, food preparation areas and concessions, administration office, equipment rental space, first aid room, were all completely renovated. An entrance with dedicated resident and non-resident queue lines was also added.
- The kids’ area was updated with new interactive spray features and St. Louis Cardinals-themed features.
- All pools were repainted with high-performance epoxy paint to protect foundations from moisture, chemicals, and seasonal temperatures.
- A new FlowRider feature was added as part of the project, which incorporates elements of surfing, bodyboarding, and wakeboarding.