The NCAA has announced that they will be hosting the Men's & Women's NCAA Division II Championships at the Brimingham CrossPlex. The Birmingham CrossPlex is a world-class facility designed for three primary sports: indoor track and field, volleyball, and competitive swimming and diving. Located just two miles from theBirmingham-SouthernCollegecampus, the Birmingham CrossPlex is proud to begin hosting events that will attract athletes, coaches, and spectators from all over the world.
The team of Counsilman-Hunsaker and Davis Architects designed the state-of-the-art natatorium with the ability to hold 1100 spectators in the stands and 500 athletes/coaches on the deck. The facility features a 50-meter competition pool with bulkhead, which not only accommodates multiple racing and training configurations, but also features a flow-through design which minimizes waves rebounding on turns. The extra deep concrete/tile gutter system creates a calmer pool, thus reducing the amount of turbulence swimmers must face.
12,600 sq. ft. Competition Pool
- Ten 50-meter lanes
- Twenty 25-yard lanes
- Depth ranges from 7 ft. to 13 ft.
- Fiberglass movable bulkhead to accommodate multiple racing and training configurations
- Two 1-meter and two 3-meter springboards
- Generous decks all around the pool
- Regenerative media water filtration
- Ultraviolet water treatment system
- Extra-deep concrete/tile gutter system
- Water polo