In Darren’s role as Principal and Studio Director, he leads projects in the southern region of the United States. He possesses a wealth of experience in designing aquatic facilities to serve a variety of user groups providing practical, cost-effective, and efficient designs. Darren holds a Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Memphis where he graduated Summa Cum Laude with university honors and honors in mechanical engineering. He is currently registered as a professional engineer in seven states.
Darren can frequently be found speaking at various industry symposiums often highlighting efficiencies in aquatic facility operations and the latest advancements in technology being utilized in commercial aquatic design. He was recently honored in the Aquatics International 2020 Power Issue as an aquatics industry influencer through his focused work in the Southern region of the United States.
Darren’s free time is enjoyed with his wife and three children, spending time outdoors – boating, fishing, soccer, swimming, snowboarding, hiking, hunting, camping – and especially watching his kids play sports!
- 1. Aquatics Int'l - 2020 Power Issue
- 2. NIRSA Outstanding Sports Facility (Three Times)
- 3. Arkansas ACEC Design Award
- 4. Recreation, Innovative Architecture and Design Award
- 5. Build Oklahoma Award
- Rock N' River Expansion - Round Rock, TX
- NRH Centre - North Richland Hills, TX
- Robson & Lindley Aquatic Center - SMU
- Rogers Aquatic Center - Rogers, AK
- Tupelo Aquatic Center - Tupelo, MS
- Volunteer Youth Baseball and Soccer Coach